The Willows Primary School
|Job Title||Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)|
|Start - End Time||0.8|
38,690 - 40,124
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further email@example.com|
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS CO-ORDINATOR (SENCO)
From September 2021 – 4 days a week (0.8)
(3 days a week would be accepted for the right candidate)
Upper Pay Scale offered for experienced candidates with a SENCO allowance given for candidates with the SENCO qualification
Our friendly and rapidly improving primary school is a thriving community where staff are passionate about providing an inclusive and stimulating learning environment for all pupils whatever their ability.
We wish to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and suitably qualified/experienced teacher to join us to become SENCo. The successful candidate will be able to encourage, innovate, inspire and have the personal qualities and skills necessary to enable all SEND children to achieve their full potential.
This post will involve working directly with individual SEND children and their families as well as their classteachers in school. The post will also involve the management of annual reviews, liaising with outside agencies and general administration of SEN.
We are looking for someone who has:
• excellent communication and liaison skills
• SENCO qualification/experience
• Experience of and empathy towards working with children with special needs
• Ability to communicate effectively with parents, teachers and agencies alike
• Experience of implementation and monitoring of intervention programmes
• The ability to support class teachers and TAs to plan and deliver individualised programmes of support for children
• A commitment to the wider life of the school
Are you enthusiastic and highly motivated, flexible, adaptable, keen to make a difference and able to:
• liaise with teachers and other support assistants about the needs and progress of children receiving SEND support
• share knowledge and ideas from SENCO training with other school staff as appropriate
• meet regularly with HT and Deputy to review SEND provision
• liaise with parents in line with school policy.
We can offer you:
• A well organised and well-resourced school
• Commitment towards your professional development
• Specific SEN training if needed
• Really friendly and supportive colleagues
• Pupils who behave well and want to learn
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school for further information and an application form.
The Willows Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date – Thursday 6th May
Interviews week commencing – Monday 10th May
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.