Downsway Primary School
|Job Title||School Secretary - Maternity Cover|
Admin & Other
|Start - End Time||08.15 - 16.15|
18,795 - 20,344
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further information||Please contact the School Business Manager for further details or to arrange a visit. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0118 9421362|
Required from 17th June 2019 to 27th March 2020
Salary range Band D £18,795-£20,344 pro rata
37 hours per week - term time only + inset days
We are looking to appoint a hardworking and self-motivated School Secretary, who will be child centrered and a keen team player with excellent time management skills. The successful applicant will be thorough, pay attention to detail and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Previous school experience and a knowledge of school admin systems, including SIMS, is highly desirable.
We are loooking for someone who:
- Will be a welcoming and friendly face to visitors, children, parents and staff
- Will be a team player but able to work independently, observing confidentiality and discretion
- Is an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills and a 'can do' attitude
- Is methodical and well organised
- Is able to work under pressure whilst retaining a good sense of humour and patience
- Is ICT confident and competent, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Has experience of working with SIMS
- Has excellent English and Maths skills
In return we can offer:
- the opportunity to play a significant part in the continuing development of our good and improving school (Ofsted October 2017)
- a welcoming and friendly staff and Governing board
- modern and pleasant working environment
- lovely children and supportive parents
- supported CPD
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.