Chieveley Primary School
|Job Title||School Business Manager|
Admin & Other
|Start - End Time||32 hours (4 days) per week|
26,999 - 32,029
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further information||Hayley Davies 01635 248281 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
We are a friendly bunch of committed professionals and are looking for a highly motivated, well-organised and welcoming person to work in our busy school office.
Reporting directly to the headteacher, the post holder will:
- Contribute to the overall organisation, management and direction of the whole school.
- Prepare an annual budget, in liason with the headteacher, to be submitted to the Governing Body and to provide specific expertise and advice in long term financial management. Monitor expenditure and advise the headteacher/governors of possible over/under spending.
- Oversee all finanacial, administrative, HR, premises and H&S functions of the school including leading the schoo loffice and premises team.
- Attend meetings of the FGB, Premises & Finanace and Pay committees.
You will need:
- To be qualified to CSBM or DSBM level or to be prepared to undertake this training
- Excellent IT, numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ensure that the school admin, finance and HR systems run smoothly on a day to day basis
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a busy office, where every day is different; demonstrating the ability to prioritise, delegate and meet deadlines. Be patient and resilient.
- To be professionally discreet and understand the importance of confidentiality, honesty and integrity.
- To be a suitable person to work in a school environment ie with children and young people.
- A willingness to engage in continuing professional development.
- Have a flexible approach to working and be confident and able to use own initiative.
Chieveley School is a "good" school with happy, well-behaved, hardworking children. There is a supportive working environment in a beautiful, well resourced setting. It is a one form entry school set in a rural location; only 2 minutes drive from the M4/A34 junction north of Newbury. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Interview Wednesday 6th March 2019.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.