Cold Ash St Mark’s C. E. (VC) School
|Job Title||Part time Upper Key Stage 2 Teacher|
|Start - End Time||FTE 0.3|
25,714 - 36,961
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further firstname.lastname@example.org|
Part time Upper Key Stage 2 Teacher required from mid-February (half term) 2021 to cover Year 6 leadership time – 0.3 FTE
Our single form primary school needs an inspiring and creative teacher to work in Year 6. Initially this will be a Fixed Term Contract with the option for this post to become permanent from September 2021 for the right candidate. Working pattern: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons to cover leadership time.
Required from 22nd February 2021 or as soon as possible after that date.
FTE Pay Range: MPS1 – MPS6 (25,714 - 36, 961) depending on experience – NoR: 176
Cold Ash St. Mark’s is a rural village Church of England Primary School with an inclusive and welcoming Christian ethos. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working teacher to join our happy and dedicated team. We want someone who can deliver the Year 6 foundation curriculum creatively but ensures our children are active learners and are nurtured to develop a curiosity about the world around them.
We are a “Good” school (Ofsted October 2018, SIAMS October 2019) and are looking for someone who:
- Is an excellent teacher - at whatever stage in your career - with upper KS2 subject knowledge
- Is caring and passionate about children’s development
- Is passionate about meeting the needs of all children
- Is skilled at fostering independence
- Is an inspirational teacher with high aspirations for all children
- Is a teacher committed to ongoing professional development
- Is reflective, resilient, ambitious, and keen to develop your professional expertise
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is well-organised and flexible
- Has a sense of humour
- Values working in teams and partnerships
- Will engage with all aspects of school life, parents and the wider life of the school
- A warm, caring ethos
- Children who are articulate, great fun, willing and eager to learn
- A talented, friendly and supportive team
- A supportive environment where there are opportunities for professional development
- A chance to collaborate with colleagues as well as local networks and other professionals
- A popular and well-resourced primary school
We welcome applications from:
- Teachers returning to work
- Teachers relocating to this area
- An experienced teacher looking for a new challenge
This post is open to all teachers but ideally with a passion for upper KS2.
We are very excited to offer you the opportunity to join our team and hope you will want to further explore this with us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visits to the school are not possible but our Headteacher would be more than happy to talk over the phone or via video link. If you would like to arrange this, please do so through the school office - email@example.com, 01635 862600
You can also visit our school website and Facebook pages at:
To apply, please download and complete an application form available from https://teachwestberkshire.com or https://coldash-westberks.secure-dbprimary.com/westberks/primary/coldash/site/pages/aboutus/vacancies
As part of your application, please write a supporting statement outlining how you meet the job description and why you consider yourself to be suitable for this post.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd January at 12:00 noon
Shortlisting: Friday 22nd January in the afternoon
Video interviews: Thursday 28th January
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. We are further committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.