Sulhamstead and Ufton Nervet C. E. (VA) Primary School
|Job Title||Part-Time Teaching Assistant for Key Stage 1 Class|
Classroom Support (TA)
|Start - End Time||27.5 hours|
11,139 - 11,853
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further information||School Office|
Sulhamstead and Ufton Nervet C of E Primary School
Church Lane, Ufton Nervet, Reading RG7 4HH
Tel: 0118 9832223
Interim Headteacher: Mrs Lisa Rees
Required for Janaury 2022
Part-Time Teaching Assistant for Key Stage One Class, including lunchtime duties
27 hours 30 mins a week, Core and Flexible contract
Core (permanent) 20 hours a week plus 7 hours 30 mins a week flexible (fixed) to 31st August 2022
Salary – Grade B - £17,842-£18,562 pro rata (£11,139-£11,853 per annum).We are looking for:
An enthusiastic, caring and committed Teaching Assistant to join our team to support the teaching and learning in our Year 1&2 class and to undertake lunchtime assistant duties for the whole school.
The hours are 27hrs 30mins per week during term time only. Working 5 days a week 8:30am to 3:00pm (includes 1/2 hour unpaid break per day).
- To support the teacher in the smooth and effective running of the class
- To consistently promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- To support pupils in their learning and development, in small groups or with individual pupils as directed, treating them with respect and consideration
- To encourage the social and emotional development of pupils
- To help raise standards of achievement for all pupils
- To encourage all pupils to participate in all aspects of school life
- To help pupils to become more independent
- To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- To ensure the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break periods:
- Supervision of pupils in the dining areas, playground or other parts of the school premises as directed
Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age and confident in literacy and numeracy are essential to the role.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed (subject to any covid-19 restriction requirements), please ring or email the school office to arrange.
Closing date: Monday, 1st November 2021(Midday)
Interviews: Thursday, 4th November 2021
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.