Bucklebury C. E. (VC) Primary School
|Job Title||Finance Officer|
Admin & Other
|Start - End Time||Flexible for the right candidate, term time only|
21,166 - 24,799
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further firstname.lastname@example.org|
After a promotion, we are looking for a finance officer for our vibrant and friendly Church of England Primary School. The successful applicant will need to provide effective management and oversight of the school's finances, reporting to the headteacher. You will be required to be present during the school day for 6-10 hours per week during term time only.
Proven experience as a finance officer or school business manager would be a distinct advantage as you will be ensuring effective use of public money, providing ongoing support to the headteacher and the governing board.
- Financial management of the school using existing school and WBC software and procedures
- General adminstration support for the headteacher
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy with the ability to produce high quality documentation.
- Excellent IT skills,including the use of MS Office and specific financial software.
- Understanding of budgets, including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Be an efficient administrator, able to use your initiative and able to work to the meeting deadlines.
- Be a confident researcher, able to manage information and advice from a variety of sources.
- Be able to develop good working relationships with the Governing Board, Headteacher and school office staff.
- Understand the importance of the confidentiality required around this work and comply with the relevant data protection legislation.
- Willing to undertake any training as necessary for legal compliance or personal development and attend network meetings as required.
We welcome and actively encourage visits to our school by prospective applicants – to arrange a visit or an informal chat about the post please contact the headteacher via email in the first instance. Applicants should note that salary range noted below is FTE. Role is Grade F of the local government salary scale as of 1-4-19.
Telephone 01635 862965
All completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com no later than midday on the closing date.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.