Cold Ash St Mark’s C. E. (VC) School
|Job Title||Deputy Headteacher|
Deputy or Assistant Head Teacher
44,218 - 51,311
|Closing date for applications||
|Contact for further email@example.com 01635 862600|
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and engaging person to support our Headteacher in leading our school on our journey to becoming a centre of excellence. We are looking for a senior leader who:
- Is an outstanding upper junior teacher with a proven track record;
- Will deputise in the Head’s absence;
- Has previous senior leadership and management experience;
- Will play a major role, under the direction of the Headteacher, in ensuring the school's objectives are met;
- Has a working knowledge of strategies for school improvement and raising standards of achievement;
- Is ambitious with high aspirations for the children we serve;
- Will actively participate in pupil progress, work scrutiny and lesson observations/learning walks;
- Will support the Headteacher in scrutinising pupil progress; analysing data and assessing school performance to identify strengths and areas for development;
- Will support the Headteacher in ensuring that teaching and learning provides a co-ordinated and coherent curriculum across the school;
- Will work closely with governors and School Improvement Advisors, under the direction of the Headteacher, to raise standards and drive school improvement;
- Will make an impact and inspire confidence, respect and trust;
- Leads and promotes the school values with all stakeholders;
- Promotes our Christian school ethos, which is inclusive and based on British values and our Christian heritage.
Cold Ash St Mark’s CE Primary School has a reputation for being:
- supportive of personal aspirations and of each other;
- supported by a strong staff team, an active governing board and a very successful parents’ association;
- innovative through the use of new technologies and creative teaching methods;
- well situated in an area with an international reputation for advanced technology, close to London and Oxford and in an area of outstanding natural beauty;
- highly rated by our families, the local authority, our diocese and judged to be ‘Good’ by both Ofsted and SIAMS.
As part of your application, please write a supporting statement outlining how you meet the person specification; your leadership strengths; why you consider yourself to be suitable for this post and what you will offer in this post to help achieve our school development priorities.
School tours will take place during the weeks beginning 24th February 2020 and 2nd March 2020
Please contact the school office to arrange a visit: firstname.lastname@example.org, 01635 862600
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 10th March at midday - Only applications made through Teach West Berkshire will be considered
Shortlisting: Tuesday 17th March
Observations of candidates in their own setting: Thursday 19th – Tuesday 24th March
Interviews: Monday 30th March - Times to be confirmed
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks. We are further committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity in all aspects of our activities as an employer and education provider.